Saturday, August 20, 2005

More from the Lunch

It seems I was onto something with my title about the papal lunch with the young people yesterday. Tim Drake tells the story:
One of my favorite stories from the luncheon was this. All of the young people were served vegetable omelets. They brought the Pope trout. He dismissed the trout, saying it would take too much time to eat and he wanted to talk and listen to the young people.

According to the young, he said, "Bring me what they are having."

From the sounds of it, the pope took a real interest in their lives, their families, and where they were from asking specific questions about their regions, especially of the girl from the Congo, and of the boy from Palestine.
As soon as I have photos of the fire-juggler, they're going up.

-30-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home