Catholic Channel, Released
"Together with the Archdiocese, we have assembled an exceptional cast of hosts whose talent and experience will produce some of the most compelling Catholic programming on the air," said Mel Karmazin, CEO of SIRIUS. "The Catholic Channel will be an important component in a SIRIUS lineup that offers listeners the best radio on radio."-30-
Programming highlights: (All times ET)
* The Catholic Guy, hosted by Lino Rulli (weekdays, 5-8pm). The 34-year-old Rulli is the Emmy award-winning host and executive producer of the popular TV show Generation Cross and a former TV reporter for the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis. With a master's degree in theology and a sometimes off-beat and humorous approach, Rulli has emerged a fan-favorite for younger generations of Catholics.
* Speak Now with Dave and Sue Konig, hosted by Susan and David Konig (weekdays, 12-2pm). She is a former newspaper columnist. He is an award-winning actor and stand-up comedian. They are married with four children and together will focus on married life, parenting and the
issues facing today's families.
* Sleepless With SIRIUS, hosted by Father Paul Keenan (weekdays, 11pm-3am). Fr. Keenan, an experienced author and radio broadcaster, will help those who are seeking to add more meaning and purpose to their lives, and will be a comforting and understanding companion to those who are facing life's daily struggles and concerns.
* Live daily Mass from St. Patrick's Cathedral (weekdays, 8-8:30am). Re-broadcast daily from 11-11:30am ET.
* Notre Dame Athletics. SIRIUS is the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the University of Notre Dame and will air all Fighting Irish football and basketball broadcasts on The Catholic Channel // 159.
Other on-air talent will include: Gus Lloyd, a former host on Spirit FM in Tampa, FL, whose morning show on SIRIUS will set the tone for the day with an overview of news and current events with scripture reflection and compelling interviews; Father Edward Beck, a Passionist priest, native New Yorker and noted author; and Bob Dunning, a veteran broadcaster, journalist and attorney from Sacramento, CA, who will engage his listeners by zeroing in on the issues facing today's Catholics. These hosts will interact with leading figures in the Catholic Church, prominent people from the world of news, entertainment and the arts, as well as with their audience to provide high quality, dynamic Catholic programming.