Monday, September 11, 2006

Not to disrupt the festival of remembrance, but as it seems the floodgates have opened let me just offer a quick word of greeting and welcome to everyone who's Googling in following the airing of a piece minutes ago on National Public Radio's All Things Considered.

To say this is surreal would be the height of understatement. I didn't know that the profile by Rachel Martin, NPR's religion correspondent, was to air today, and only found out about it by checking my voicemail after waking from a nap, so yet again Providence has expressed itself by swift surprise... the story of my life. And, suffice it to say, funny things can happen when you just say "yes."

Many and all thanks to the cast of characters whose voices popped up in the piece -- 3/4 of whom are good and dear friends, the other 1/4 the Mahareshi from whom, from afar, I picked up a couple of my own tricks of the trade... giving them a bit of a twist along the way, of course.

So to everyone coming in for the first time, thanks for dropping by, feel free to peruse from here to Thursday and, if you're so inclined, drop me a line.

For the veteran storm-troopers who, obviously possessing great fortitude, have found a place inside themselves to put up with these pages on a daily basis, you never cease to humble and amaze me with your goodness, support, encouragement, emotion, candor -- and ability to keep me always buried in e.mails, which means more than I could say. Thanks for sticking around and keeping me going; while I could be a bit more comfortable and settled in a 9-to-5 desk gig pushing paper somewhere, the fun, joy and blessings of this ride have truly made all the difference.

-30-