Friday, April 06, 2012
- Name: Rocco Palmo
One of global Catholicism's most prominent chroniclers, Rocco Palmo has held court as the "Church Whisperer" since 2004, when the pages you're reading were launched with an audience of three, grown since by nothing but word of mouth, and kept alive throughout solely by means of reader support.
A former US correspondent for the London-based international Catholic weekly The Tablet, he's been a church analyst for The New York Times, Associated Press, Washington Post, Reuters, Los Angeles Times, BBC, NBC, CNN and NPR among other mainstream print and broadcast outlets worldwide.
A native of Philadelphia, Rocco Palmo attended the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. In 2010, he received a Doctorate of Humane Letters honoris causa from Aquinas Institute of Theology in St Louis.
In 2011, Palmo co-chaired the first Vatican conference on social media, convened by the Pontifical Councils for Culture and Social Communications. By appointment of Archbishop Charles Chaput OFM Cap., he's likewise served on the first-ever Pastoral Council of the Archdiocese, whose Church remains his home.
- "In Times of Trial, We Are Not Alone"
- "Why In the World Would We Call This Day 'Good'?"
- “The mockery continues. It becomes almost a ritua...
- And as it dawns, the prophecy of this Good Friday....
- In Remembrance
- "Let Us Ask the Lord To Draw Us Into This 'Yes'"
- "If Priests and Bishops Don't Change, Little in th...
- "Is Disobedience A Path of Renewal?"
- And Now, The Big Egg
- The End of (the 40) Days